Welcome to my new blog!
My foray into the world of genealogy began with a project to organize my paternal grandmother's writings, mostly about her childhood growing up in rural Illinois in the late 1800's. (That's a picture of her I'm using for my profile -- more about that in a later post.) Through her memoirs, I was introduced to many relatives I never knew existed. Along with knowledge of these folks came a number of questions: where did they come from? what happened to them? what's the rest of the story?
I'll be posting some of grandmother's writings and my experiences deciphering them and following her clues; I'll also blog more generally about what it is like to get started in family research. As time goes on, I'll probably blog about the specific family lines and locations I'm pursuing. Please stop by frequently or subscribe to my blog. Thanks for visiting,
Connie
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love this personal family history. Everybody has one, but so many people don't have a clue - finding it out brings the family to life. I think that's why PBS's Faces of America is so popular (check out an episode if you get chance). I look forward to reading ~ Tina
Post a Comment